- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
Buhari to assign portfolios to ministers-designate on Wednesday
President Muhammadu Buhari will assign portfolios to his new cabinet members on Wednesday.
This was confirmed in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, today in Abuja.
Buhari and the Ministers-designate engaged each other in a two-day retreat, which ended on Tuesday.
The second and final day of the retreat kicked off with a presentation on Cabinet Processes and Procedures, by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Mr. Boss Mustapha.
This was followed by a presentation by the Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr Adams Oshiomhole, on aligning government policies with the ideology, manifesto and campaign promises of the ruling party.
“Subsequent presentations touched on Budgeting, Civil Service Reforms, Public Procurement, the Relationships among Ministers and Permanent Secretaries, and Effective Partnerships between Executive, Legislature and State Governments,” Adesina said.
Adesina also revealed that the Ministers-designate would be sworn in on August 21 at the State House, after which they would be allocated portfolios by the president.
“Following the swearing-in, each minister will be given a mandate, based on the assigned ministry, and which will spell out priorities, deliverables and timelines.
“In addition, a robust monitoring and evaluation framework will also be put in place to track the implementation of all policies and programmes over the next four years,” he said.