- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
The trailer for Niyi Akinmolayan‘s newest movie, Elevator Baby has been released and when it was revealed that Toyin Abraham was actually seven months pregnant while shooting this movie, Nigerians were thrilled!
Elevator Baby is a dramatic-thriller written and directed by Akhigbe Ilozobhie, and produced by Niyi Akinmolayan. The motion picture is based on Dare William (Timini Egbuson), an affluent young man with a temper and his chance encounter with Abigail Kuforiji (Toyin Abraham), a pregnant woman with a huge secret. Eventually, both characters get stuck in a broken elevator and Abigail is forced into emergency labor, leaving Dare with no choice but to deliver the baby himself.
The movie’s producer, Niyi Akinmolayan has shared details on this. He said:
“This woman @toyin_abraham is one of the most amazing people I have ever met in my life. We knew we wanted her for the #elevatorbaby role but I wasn’t even sure she would be available and be willing to work with a new young director. But I liked her previous stuff so I reached out and shared the idea.
Now This was the fun part. She called me immediately and said…uncle Niyi…who told you. I said who told me what…she said don’t lie who told you. I thought maybe I had messed things up. And started apologizing. Next she said…wait…so you don’t know I’m actually about 7 months pregnant. I was silent for a while. Didn’t know what to say.
Eventually i said..wow…oh wow. This could go either ways. We can go with the flow or she can totally turn us down. I didn’t know what to say. Next thing she said was. “This is how the Lord works I will do it”. I was both scared and excited so I promised we would keep it a big secret and only post the teaser after she had announced her baby.
We got a nurse and a standby vehicle on set throughout and her husband @kolawoleajeyemi was so fantastic in helping her during the film (great guy). Toyin was such a delight to work with. She gave everything to make the pregnant character work. And when I mean everything I mean slams, falls and all. We were the ones worried even @_timini was concerned. She on the other hand was just having fun. Strong woman. She’s definitely on my top list of actors to always work with.
Congratulations once again Toyin from the Elevatorbaby crew. Our baby is finally here.”
Check out the teaser below
Niyi Akinmolayan‘s newest movie, Elevator Baby is everything. Toyin Abraham actually acted in this movie while pregnant! A Queen, I STAN! pic.twitter.com/0d3Gu3xQrc
— Your Inspiration (@SayoSanya) August 19, 2019