- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Nigerian footballer to spend 3yrs in jail for punching a lady
A Nigerian footballer who attacked a lady outside a nightclub in Clapham in the United Kingdom on New Year’s Eve has been sentenced to 32 months in prison.
On Monday, Andrew Akingbaje, 24, was sentenced at Inner London Crown Court for the brutal assault. On New Year’s Eve, Krystal Misson and her two other female friends were outside Lotus Bar in Clapham. Akingbaje, who up until that point had been a stranger to the group, attacked Ms. Misson, hitting her several times with punch and dragging her along the ground by her hair.
A second attack happened in which he hit Ms. Misson repeatedly in the face and body, which caused her to fall to the ground. This second attack was recorded by a friend of hers and was posted on social media, leading to Akingbaje’s subsequent arrest.
The footballer, who has earlier served prison sentences for severe bodily harm (GBH) against another woman and drug crimes, will now revert to prison and serve a further term.