- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
Nigerian footballer to spend 3yrs in jail for punching a lady
A Nigerian footballer who attacked a lady outside a nightclub in Clapham in the United Kingdom on New Year’s Eve has been sentenced to 32 months in prison.
On Monday, Andrew Akingbaje, 24, was sentenced at Inner London Crown Court for the brutal assault. On New Year’s Eve, Krystal Misson and her two other female friends were outside Lotus Bar in Clapham. Akingbaje, who up until that point had been a stranger to the group, attacked Ms. Misson, hitting her several times with punch and dragging her along the ground by her hair.
A second attack happened in which he hit Ms. Misson repeatedly in the face and body, which caused her to fall to the ground. This second attack was recorded by a friend of hers and was posted on social media, leading to Akingbaje’s subsequent arrest.
The footballer, who has earlier served prison sentences for severe bodily harm (GBH) against another woman and drug crimes, will now revert to prison and serve a further term.