- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
There was mild commotion today as some sacked civil servants in Imo state stormed the Government House in Owerri to plead with Governor of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha for reinstatement.
Recall that the civil servants were sacked earlier this year after the governor launched an investigation into several cases of illegal employment in the Imo state civil service.
The civil servants were recently seen kneeling and wailing at the Government House in Owerri, Imo state. Shortly after, Ihedioha and his convoy rolled out.
The governor opened his car door, said a few words to his aides and left the area.
Watch the footage below: