- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Iwobi Hits Post, Misses Scoring Debut As Everton Lose At Aston Villa
Nigeria winger Alex Iwobi put up a lively display on his Everton debut but the Toffees suffered their first defeat of the season losing 2-0 to Aston Villa on Friday night at the Villa Park.
Iwobi took the place of Gyfil Sigurdsson in the 61st minute of the highly entertaining encounter.
The former Arsenal player came close to making a memorable debut but his well placed short inside the box hit the goal post eight minutes from time.
Iwobi also threaded a delightful pass for his fellow substitute, Moise Keane but Theo Walcott placed the Italian’s cross wide.
Brazilian forward, Wesley Moraes and Anwar El Ghazi scored both goals for Aston Villa in the 22nd and 90th minutes respectively.
Everton will host Wolverhampton Wanderers in their next league game.