- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
Iwobi Hits Post, Misses Scoring Debut As Everton Lose At Aston Villa
Nigeria winger Alex Iwobi put up a lively display on his Everton debut but the Toffees suffered their first defeat of the season losing 2-0 to Aston Villa on Friday night at the Villa Park.
Iwobi took the place of Gyfil Sigurdsson in the 61st minute of the highly entertaining encounter.
The former Arsenal player came close to making a memorable debut but his well placed short inside the box hit the goal post eight minutes from time.
Iwobi also threaded a delightful pass for his fellow substitute, Moise Keane but Theo Walcott placed the Italian’s cross wide.
Brazilian forward, Wesley Moraes and Anwar El Ghazi scored both goals for Aston Villa in the 22nd and 90th minutes respectively.
Everton will host Wolverhampton Wanderers in their next league game.