- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Nigerian footballer ChiChi Igbo mocked for posing with an iPhone 4
Chi Chi Igbo, popularly known as Chified, had an interesting answer for a follower who mocked her for still using an iPhone 4 in 2019.
The Nigerian footballer shared a photo where she was posing with an iPhone 4. While others complimented her looks, one follower noticed her phone and asked why someone of her status is still using an iPhone 4 when others have moved on to more upgraded versions of the phone.
See her replies to the follower below:
Recall WITHINNIGERIA reported a piece of news about a young man who was desperate to ‘belong’ and show off, thereby selling his kidney to buy an iPhone. However, his desperation landed him in what could be tagged as ‘regrettable dilemma’, the young man went paralyzed.
According to Dailymail, the 25-year-old man, known by his surname Wang, had his kidney removed in an underground clinic before selling it on the black market for 22,000 yuan (£2,528 or N1,180,985) in 2011 when he was just 17 years old.
The teenager wanted an iPhone and iPad desperately in order to prove to his classmates that he was trendy, but his cash-strapped parents could not afford them.
His story shocked the country at the time, leading iPhones to be billed as ‘kidney machines’ by web users.