- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Garri
Cassava flakes, popularly known as garri, is one of the main sources of carbohydrates and a popular staple food in Nigeria. It is widely grown and serves both industrial and commercial purposes. It is also a local delicacy eaten in Nigeria, usually mixed with sugar, milk, water, peanuts etc and eaten with bean cake (Akara), beans pudding (Moin-Moin) or fried fish.
Garri is beneficial to your health in the following ways:
1. Helps weight loss
If you are trying to los some weight, go for garri. Although garri is a starchy food, it is low in calories and with high fiber contents that will help you stay full for a longer period.
2. Helps ease digestion
Garri helps to absorb toxins that go into your intestines. This in turn can help improve your digestive health. You can soak garri in water with milk to make it creamy when you want to consume it for more effect.
3. Helps to fight cancer
The cassava that is used to make garri contains Vitamin B17 (amygdalin) which helps to stimulate the content of the red blood cells and also protect the stomach from cancerous diseases. This benefit is hard to believe, but it is true.
4. Heals diarrhea
Garri works for diarrhea too. Mix it with water and drink twice a day and expect a perfect result.
5. For good eyesight
The vitamin A and bakarotennya contents in garri can help to improve the health of your eyes and prevent poor eyesight and future blindness.
6. Acts as an energy booster
Garri soaked in water helps to provide a certain amount of energy which aids a healthy life. When soaked in cold water with milk, garri also cools the body temperature, especially in hot weather.