- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
5 Common Pregnancy Symptoms You Should Know Before Taking A Blood Test
Conception starts from the day you have sex. It takes 3-5 days for semen to fertilize an egg and it begins. Some women wait till they miss their period before they start noticing weird things about their bodies. But others figure it out weeks before their next period. You want to know how? This is for you.
The woman’s body is made like a machine. When something is wrong, it sends signals to the brain and the brain returns them to the body. When there is a fertilized egg in you, these symptoms start to surface because of the hormones rising by the day. Estrogen and progesterone are the most common hormones in the body during pregnancy.
See the symptoms of pregnancy below.
• Urge to pee every minute
This is because the baby is growing. It sits on the bladder, forcing every liquid that drops into the bladder out, thereby making you visit the toilet more often.
• Nausea with or without vomit
Some women feel sick, irritated and throw up whenever they get close to something they don’t like. In most cases, they liked these things weeks ago but suddenly can’t stand them anymore. This is because all your organs are sensitive at this point.
• Morning sickness
This symptom is seen in 80% of expectant mothers. Some experience theirs in the first trimester and others experience it throughout pregnancy. Some don’t even experience it at all. You feel weak and throw up, especially in the morning.
• Food cravings
You suddenly want to eat everything that comes your way, even the weirdest things at the wrong hour.
• Spotting and cramps
Do not mistake this for period because in some cases, it’s a sign that you’re pregnant.