- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
- BREAKING: Chelsea complete stunning comeback to draw with nine-man Ajax
- BREAKING: FG orders NCC to reduce data cost
- BREAKING: Court sacks Reps majority leader
Tinubu predicts victory for APC in Kogi, Bayelsa
National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has said that the party would win the governorship election in Kogi and Bayelsa States.
Tinubu who spoke in Benin City at the 90th birthday of Chief David Edebiri, the Esogban of Benin Kingdom said he expects victory for the APC in both states.
He said there was no other political party in the two states.
Tinubu said the broom would come together to sweep away the debris of the past to secure electoral victory.
According to him, “I expect nothing less than victory in Kogi and Bayelsa States. Who is the other party?”
On complaints that Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi state has not done well for his people, he said, “If you don’t have complaints in politics, then there is no democracy so we only pay attention to the noise in the market because we have so many apples, oranges and various fruits of different character but there is one thing that is consistent.
“This is a market of many branches and this is the broom; they will come together as a bunch to sweep clean all the debris of the past, that is it, we are going to win.”