- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
- BREAKING: Senate swears in Smart Adeyemi
- BREAKING: Kidnappers of female students caught, lynched in Bayelsa
XENOPHOBIA: Trevor Noah Praised After Speaking Up For Africans
Popular South African comedian, Trevor Noah, has reacted to the ongoing xenophobic attacks on Nigerians and other black foreign nationals in South Africa.
Trevor described the attacks as “misplaced priority”.
He pointed out that Nigerians and other African Nationals aren’t the ones taking jobs from South Africans as they claim because Africans in South Africa “may lay claim to less than 0.00001% of wealth in SA”, whereas “Whites in South Africa makes up about 8.7% of the population and controls over 85% wealth”.
He added, “So when I hear South Africans claiming that other Africans are competing with them on dwindling/scarce resources, I say that our anger and outrage is misplaced.”
He continued: “Yours is a fit of complete misplaced anger, prejudice and xenophobia built up out of inferiority complex created by decades of apartheid and oppression.
“I don’t see fellow African as a competitor but a fellow compatriot who is struggling to feed his family and have some comfort in this short lifetime.”
Read the rest of his statement below.