- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
LaLiga: Why Messi can terminate his Barcelona contract from next year
Lionel Messi may be contracted to Barcelona until 2021, but the he has the option to walk away at the end of this season, Goal reports.
The Argentina captain signed his current deal with the Catalan club in November 2017, but he has no obligation to stay for another two years.
Thanks to a clause in his deal, Messi has the unilateral right to walk away from Camp Nou after turning 32.
The attacker celebrated his 32nd birthday in June, meaning he could have opted to end his almost 20-year association with the Blaugrana months ago.
However, the clause means Messi can decide to terminate his contract every June 30.
He is not the first player the club have given that right, as Barca legends Carles Puyol, Andres Iniesta and Xavi were all afforded the luxury of being allowed to call time on their careers every year at the same age.