- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
Sanwo-Olu mourns Tinubu, condoles family
Lagos State governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has commiserated with Tinubu family of Lagos over the death of its scion, Alhaji Rafiu Babatunde Tinubu.
Alhaji Tinubu, who was former Head of Service (HoS) in Lagos, passed away on Wednesday morning in Abuja after a brief illness.
The governor, in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary (CPS), Mr Gboyega Akosile, described the passing of Tinubu as a huge loss to the state and the nation in general.
Sanwo-Olu sympathised with Tinubu family, the deceased’s friends and associates, saying the death of former HoS came at a time the nation and Lagos, in particular, needed his wealth of experience the most.
“Alhaji Tinubu’s demise came at a time the nation and Lagos, in particular, needed his wealth of experience the most.
“As experienced administrator per excellence, we certainly will miss the late Alhaji Tinubu’s counsel on matters of importance in the state civil service,” the governor said.
According to Governor Sanwo-Olu, Lagosians would always remember the “laudable achievements” of the former top civil servant, who, he said, served the state meritoriously for 26 years before he rose to become the Head of Service.
“We can’t forget the contributions of late Alhaji Rafiu Tinubu towards the professionalisation of Lagos civil service. His quest for excellence and exemplary leadership were the hallmark of his earthly sojourn.
“We condole the Tinubu family, especially our National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, wife and children of the deceased and the entire extended families of the late elder statesman. I pray that Almighty Allah grants the late Alhaji Rafiu Tinubu Al-Janah Firdaus and grant members of the family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss,” Sanwo-Olu said.