- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
Mugabe: Ex-Zimbabwe Chief of Staff, Mugoba is dead
Former Zimbabwe National Army Chief of Staff, Major General Trust Mugoba has died.
His death was confirmed a few hours after the demise of the ex-president, Robert Mugabe.
Withinnigeria reports that Mugabe died at the age of 95 on Friday morning.
Speaking to ZimLive, Zimbabwe spokesman, Nick Mangwana confirmed his death.
He said, “Mugoba passed away early this morning at a private hospital in Harare a week after he was admitted with an undisclosed ailment.”
Mugoba left his post in March 2017 after he was seconded to the African Union where he assumed the position of Chief of Staff of the continental’s body’s Stand-by Force.
Months after Mugoba’s departure, Zimbabwe’s military moved against longtime ruler, Robert Mugabe, ousting him in a coup in November 2017.