- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
- BREAKING: Senate swears in Smart Adeyemi
- BREAKING: Kidnappers of female students caught, lynched in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: Three female students kidnapped in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: Five inmates in Ikoyi prison electrocuted to death
11 die, 4 sustain injuries in Nassarawa auto crash
The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Nasarawa, on Monday said an accident which occurred along Akwanga-Lafia highway involving three vehicles, claimed the lives of 11 persons, while four others sustained injuries.
Mr Ismaila Maiwada-Kugu, the Sector Commander, confirmed the accident to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lafia on Monday.
Maiwada-Kugu said the accident took place at a place popularly known as ‘Many have gone’ in Wowyen village on the outskirts of Akwanga Local Government area of the state around 10.25 am on Monday.
“Three vehicles and 15 people were also involved in the accident. Four persons were injured while 11 persons were killed. The vehicles are, one ‘Boxer’, one ‘Sharon’, one motorcycle and one heavy duty trailer,” he said.
Maiwada-Kugu said FRSC officials on learning of the incident swiftly moved to the scene to attend and evacuate those affected to the nearest hospital.
“Our officers and men have gone there and attended to those affected. Information I received is that the trailer landed on one of the vehicles preventing occupants from coming out of the vehicle as they were trapped inside,” he said.
Maiwada-Kugu appealed to drivers to always be cautious especially when on high speed or about to overtake other vehicles ahead of them so as to prevent unfortunate accidents.