- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
6 days after abduction, kidnappers release mother of former Jigawa lawmaker
Six days after the mother of a former Jigawa lawmaker, Yahaya Muhammad was kidnapped, Hajia Ladi has regained her freedom from Kidnapper’s den.
Hajia Ladi, mother of a former Jigawa lawmaker was abducted on September 2nd but reports of how she regained her freedom are conflicting as at the time of reportage.
In a discussion on Channels TV monitored by our reporter, a relative revealed that N12 million was paid as ransom before she was released which was denied by the police.
While reacting to the claims of the relative, the police disclosed that they have no knowledge of any ransom paid but the victim was released by the kidnappers as a result of pressure mounted on it.
We have no knowledge of any ransom if at all was paid,” said spokesman for the Jigawa state police command.