- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Lebanese killed and dumped in septic tank by his guard in Lagos
Tension in Lagos community as corpse of a Lebanese national, Basan Khodari was found in a septic tank at his Lagos residence on the afternoon of Tuesday, September 10.
It was gathered that some properties of the deceased such as generator, three split unit air conditioners and three plasma TVs were looted from his residence at 21 Bombay Crescent in Apapa after the act was carried out.
Adamu Mohammed, a private guard employed by the deceased is suspected to have carried out the act as a result of missing properties.
According to Reports, Khodari had returned from his Abuja trip unannounced to meet Mohammed and his accomplices stealing his properties on Monday September 9. He reportedly confronted the guard for bringing in strangers into his home and stealing from him, sources claimed this got Mohammed angry.
Eyewitnesses who confirmed the heated argument at the deceased’s home on Monday, said they were shocked to discover his dead body inside the tank around 2pm on Tuesday. The Nation reported that the hand, mouth and legs of the Lebanese national were tied before being dumped in the septic tank. The deceased also had visible violent marks on his body.
Lagos police spokesmanm, Bala Elkana confirmed the incident and he disclosed that some suspects are already in police custody. He also said that Homicide detectives recovered a double barrel gun with 38 cartridges in the guard’s room after arriving the scene of the incident.
“We are trailing the key suspect. Some persons have been arrested and investigation is ongoing. I cannot give you further details so that we do not jeopardise investigation,” he said.