- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
Oyo: Makinde speaks on recovered loot
Gov Seyi Makinde says the government has opened a bank account for the purpose of saving looted money being recovered from wrong hands and illegal accounts.
NAN reports that Makinde stated this when some bank officials paid him a courtesy visit in his office on Wednesday in Ibadan.
“The account is going to be made open to everybody because we don’t want to recover money and have it looted again”, he said.
”We want to recover the money in a very transparent manner; we want people to see what we have done with the money recovered.
”We want people to know what could have been done with such money which actually belongs to them.
”Some state’s money being seized from individuals by the EFCC will be returned to the state’s coffers and will be kept in the account.
”We want to charge you to hold us accountable too because this government cannot compromise the trust which the people of the state repose on us. We will never ask you to do any cover up job for us”.