- BREAKING: Over 10 people rescued in another ‘rehabilitation’ center in Kaduna
- BREAKING: ICPC declares Obono-Obla wanted
- BREAKING: Another attacks on Nigerians in South Africa
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of 23 properties linked to Maina
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
Xenophobia: Air Peace CEO breaks down in tears on seeing Nigerian returnees from South Africa (Video)
The Chief Executive Officer of the airline, Air Peace, Allen Onyema, received an amazing round of applause and special hugs from Nigerians after his airline successfully evacuated Nigerians who are victims of xenophobic attacks in South Africa.
On introduction of the CEO to the Nigerians returnee from South Africa, the excited returnees chated songs of praise and admiration to the CEO, who eventually broke down in tears. It was indeed an emotional sight to behold.
Watch the video.
Recall WITHINNIGERIA reported that Air Peace offered free flights to Nigerians willing to return from South Africa over the xenophobic attacks in the country.
Ferdinand Nwonye, the spokesman of the ministry of foreign affairs, announced this in a statement. Nwonye said Air Peace volunteered to send an aircraft from Friday to evacuate Nigerians who wish to return to Nigeria “free of charge.”
“The general public is hereby advised to inform their relatives in South Africa to take advantage of this laudable gesture,” the statement read.