- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
JUST IN: Armed security operatives barricade SaharaReporters Lagos office
Soldiers and policemen have been mobilised to the Lagos office of the SaharaReporters, the online publishing platform of Omoyele Sowore, the convener of Revolution Now protest, who is currently being detained by the Department of State Services (DSS).
The armed security operatives, according to an inside source, arrived the SaharaReporters premises as early as 6:00 am, and barricaded the vicinity, denying workers of resuming for work.
On their arrival at the SaharaReporters office at Ikeja GRA in three vehicles, the source said they stationed themselves in front of the office, while they granted no one access into the premises.
“When they arrived, they stood in from of our office and started banging the gate, and one of the officers speaking on top of his voice shouted, ‘Open the gate! Come outside! Is there anyone inside? a SaharaReporters source told newsmen.
Sowore had been arrested by DSS operatives in August, earlier before he could mobilise supporters to join in the Revolution Now protest he planned to stage on Monday, August 5, 2019.