- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
Petrol tanker catches fire, explodes in Ogun
A truck fully loaded with Premium Motor Spirit, PMS, also known as petrol, has exploded and caught fire in Ogun State.
The fuel laden tanker,mysteriously went up in flames where it was parked overnight.
The incident, it was gathered, occurred at the median, by Kwyakyama axis, after Ogere toll gate, along the Ogun State portion of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
The Ogun State Traffic Compliance and Enforcement (TRACE) corps, Babatunde Akinbiyi, confirmed the incident.
Akinbiyi said the incident, on Wednesday, necessitated the diversion of traffic inbound Ibadan into Iperu town, enroute Saapade to Ibadan.
He said that, “Rescue operations are ongoing by TRACE Corps, FRSC, Police and the Fire Service.” adding that no casualty has been recorded.
No reason has been given for the sudden explosion of the tanker.