- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
Europa League: Unai Emery reacts as Nigerian striker scores for Arsenal in 3-0 win over Frankfurt
Arsenal manager, Unai Emery has praised Nigerian born Bukayo Saka following his man of the match performance in his side’s 3-0 win over Eintracht Frankfurt in their Europa League opener at the Commerzbank Arena on Thursday evening.
Saka provided the assists for the goals scored by Joseph Willock and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, and netted his maiden senior goal five minutes from time.
Saka looked lively and caused havoc for the opponent’s defence throughout the game.
Speaking about the player in his post match press conference, Emery said, “Maybe with his goal and performance he was taking confidence, he was finishing really strong. Also with Emile, after his injury. He played for the first time this season.
”Willock started a little slow at the beginning but progressively he was feeling very better with a good performance.
”Torreira worked a lot, Xhaka played very seriously in that match. Everybody can be happy.”
The 18-year-old is the youngest Arsenal player to score in a European competition since October 2008.