- BREAKING: Over 10 people rescued in another ‘rehabilitation’ center in Kaduna
- BREAKING: ICPC declares Obono-Obla wanted
- BREAKING: Another attacks on Nigerians in South Africa
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of 23 properties linked to Maina
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
Simi asks if it’s necessary for a woman to live with her parent’s till she weds
In many African homes, the female child, no matter how old she is, continues to live with her parents till she gets married.
Well, this might seem odd especially in cases where the lady can afford to live on their own.
Nigerian singer and songwriter, Simi, seems curious about the topic and she has taken to Twitter to ask her fans what they think about it. Misola thinks it is not necessary especially in cases where the parents live in a different city from where the lady works.
Gonchiiz feels it is necessary for a lady to keep living with her parents to avoid the supposed temptations that will allow her to misuse her body.
See tweet below:
Do you think it's necessary for a woman to stay in her parent's home until she's married? Even if she can afford not to.
— Simi (@SympLySimi) September 21, 2019
Aswearugad… I hear some people say it's not safe for a lady to stay alone, but really it's vice versa you aren't safe both ways. It's just the grace of God that's with us biko.
— Sharon Pearl (@SharonPearl14) September 22, 2019
It really isn’t necessary, if she wants peace and privacy staying alone before marriage isn’t a bad idea.
— Ibrahim Ogunyomi (@IbrahimOgunyomi) September 21, 2019