- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
Senate pledges support for Local Content implementation
The new Senate Committee on Local Content has pledged to support and collaborate with the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) to strengthen the implementation of Nigerian Content in the oil and gas industry and other key sectors of the economy.
Chairman of the Senate committee in the 9th Assembly, Senator Teslim Folarin, made the promise on during the onboarding engagement session between the NCDMB and members of the committee at the Senate Chambers in Abuja.
He stated that the leadership of the Senate placed huge importance on Local Content because of its contributions to the development of the national economy and creation of employment opportunities for Nigerians.
He promised that the committee will work closely with NCDMB so as to understand its core initiatives and be in a good position to support them as well champion the proposed extension of the Local Content Act to other key industries.