- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
Shehu Sani reacts as NNPC discovers oil, gas in Northern Nigeria
Shehu Sani, a former lawmaker representing the Kaduna Central senatorial district at the National Assembly, has reacted to the news of oil and gas discovery in the North by Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC.
The NNPC on Friday announced the discovery of hydrocarbon deposits in the Kolmani River II Well on the Upper Benue Trough, Gongola Basin, in the North-Eastern part of the country.
The drilling of the Kolmani River II Well was flagged-off in a colourful ceremony by President Muhammadu Buhari on the 2nd of February, 2019.
A press release by the Corporation’s Acting Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division, Mr. Samson Makoji, stated that NNPC acquired 435.54km2 of 3D Seismic Data over Kolmani Prospect in the Upper Benue Trough, Gongola Basin
In his reaction to the development, Sani congratulated the corporation for achieving the feat.
He tweeted “Congratulations NNPC for your news of discovery of oil and gas. You are indeed second to none.”