- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
Seven people have been confirmed dead in a fatal auto accident which involved the advance team of Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki on Benin-Auchi Expressway.
The victims of the auto crash include five adults and two children, while several other persons including a driver in the governor’s convoy were also injured in the Saturday morning auto accident.
The advance team of Governor Obaseki were said to be on their way to Ambrose Ali University (AAU), where the governor is expected to attend the convocation ceremony of the university located at Ekpoma.
While on their way, as gathered, the accident occurred at Ehorin Uhunmwode Local Government Area of the state, as a Toyota Hilux van on the governor’s advance team was said to have rammed into a passenger Audi car causing a head-on collision.
Three people who survived the fatal accident were said to have been rushed to the Central Hospital in Benin City.
The State Commissioner of Police, Danmallam Mohammed, confirming the incident, described it as “very unfortunate.”