- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
JUST IN: Armed men attack Kwankwaso
Former Governor of Kano State and the immediate past Senator representing Kano Central, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso escaped been lynched in Kano on Monday after heavy armed thugs attacked him.
The thugs, who were alleged to be supporters of the All Progressives Congress (APC) by the Kwankwasiyya spokesperson, Hajiya Binta Sipikin, were said to have carried out the attack under the Madobi Road underpass.
The attack was said to have happened after the former governor had paid a visit to his hometown, Madobi, where he opened a midwifery school.
Eight persons were said to have been critically injured while several cars were badly damaged.
She said: “This attack was preplanned because we were told that the heavy armed thugs were kept under the bridge to attack us as we were returning from Madobi.”