- BREAKING: Appeal Court varies terms in bail granted Dasuki
- BREAKING: Gov Ayade presents 1.1trn budget estimate for 2020
- BREAKING: Court sacks emirs installed by Ganduje
- BREAKING: Tottenham appoint Jose Mourinho as manager
- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
Rape Case: Ronaldo’s DNA Matches Evidence
The DNA of Juventus superstar, Cristiano Ronaldo, has matched evidence collected in the rape case levelled against him in America, according to a report from English tabloid The Sun.
The former Real Madrid player was accused of rape by American citizen Kathryn Mayorga last year, she claimed that the incident took place in a hotel room in Las Vegas in 2009.
The 34-year-old Portuguese forward to his social media platform to protest his innocence following the accusation.
Among the 100 emails sent between police and criminal prosecutors in America, Las Vegas detective Jeffrey Guyer said that “DNA is back and is a match”, referring to the Juventus star.
The Bianconeri vowed last year to support Ronaldo and discredited the claims, suggesting that he is a professional.
The Portugal International team captain last week while speaking with British media personality, Piers Morgan, stated that he was embarrassed about the allegations and protested his innocence once again.