- BREAKING: Over 10 people rescued in another ‘rehabilitation’ center in Kaduna
- BREAKING: ICPC declares Obono-Obla wanted
- BREAKING: Another attacks on Nigerians in South Africa
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of 23 properties linked to Maina
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
Transfer: Ray Parlour speaks on Aubameyang leaving Arsenal for Man Utd
Former Arsenal midfielder, Ray Parlour, has urged the club not to sell Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to Manchester United.
According to him, it would be “madness”.
Aubameyang has scored 41 goals in 65 league games for the Gunners, since signing from Borussia Dortmund in January 2018.
Despite emerging as a key player under Unai Emery, the 30-year-old has been heavily linked with a summer exit.
A few clubs in China are reportedly interested in securing his signature, while United have also been linked with a shock move for the forward.
Asked about the Red Devils’ apparent interest in Aubameyang, Parlour told talkSPORT: “It would be madness to let him [Aubameyang] go, but players have got all the power these days.
“Aubameyang and Lacazette were absolutely brilliant last season. It looks like they’ve got a really good relationship up front, you can see how they celebrate goals.
“I’d be amazed by that [if he signed for United], I really would. That would shock me.
“That wouldn’t be good from an Arsenal supporters’ point of view – we all remember when Robin van Persie left to United and they ended up winning the league the following season.
“When I go to pre-season, I’m really hoping Aubameyang is on that plane.
“Goalscorers are so important. Good ones are hard to find and he’s really proven he is a top-class goalscorer.
“You want to be adding to your squad, not trying to get rid of a few players!”