- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Suspected gunmen on Wednesday in Benin city, capital of Edo State, abducted Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme of the Court of Appeal, Benin Division.
The gunmen also killed a police officer orderly attached to her, before taking Justice Nwosu-Iheme away to an unknown destination.
Witnesses said the kidnappers of Justice Nwosu-Iheme operated in a Toyota Voltron car and carried out the operation along the Benin-Agbor road near Christ Chosen Church while she was on her way to Abuja.
The witnesses said the kidnappers opened fire and killed the police orderly attached to her after overtaken Justice Chioma’s car.
Commissioner of Police in the state, DanMallam Mohammed confirmed the incident.
He said, ‘The Judge was kidnapped on Wednesday but security measures are in place to rescue her.
Mohammed assured that the command would “bring the kidnappers to book by the power of the Almighty God