- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
PHOTO: Woman steals 4-month-old baby to cover up fake pregnancy
Ogun state police command have arrested one Lagos resident for stealing her benefactor’s 4-month-old son at Iyana Lajola community of Mile Two in Abeokuta, capital of Ogun state.
WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that the suspect identified as Falilat Olatunji was arrested after an organised search was launched immediately the mother of the baby, Taiwo Bello raised an alarm.
According to reports, Taiwo was reportedly doing laundry within her apartment when Falilat sneaked into her room and stole her baby. The suspect was arrested after the police who were alerted after a search in the community was unsuccessful, saw her with a baby that fitted the description at Ilewo Orile.
In the course of investigating the matter, Falilat revealed that she was living in the same house with parents of the baby but she stole him to deceive her husband who she had already lied to about being pregnant.
While reacting to the development, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Abimbola Oyeyemi disclosed that “On interrogation, the suspect confessed to have stolen the baby on order to deceive her husband he was the product of the pregnancy she told him.
“Investigation revealed that the suspect was once squatting in the same house with the parents of the baby and that she was present during the naming ceremony of the same baby.
“The baby has been reunited with his parents. The Commissioner of Police Bashir Makama has ordered the immediate transfer of the suspect to State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department (SCIID) for further investigation and prosecution.
“He appealed to members of the public to always beware of people around them because there are a lot of wolves in human skin”.