- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
The Oyo State Police Command has uncovered an illegal rehabilitation centre at Olore Central Mosque in Ojo area of Ibadan, where it rescued over 300 inmates.
Addressing journalists on Monday in Ibadan , the Commissioner of Police, Mr Shina Olukolu, said that the illegal centre was discovered following a tip-off by an informant.
Olukolu said that young men and women were found at the centre who had been subjected to inhuman treatment.
He said that five persons suspected to be connected with the Islamic centre were arrested, adding that the police would secure the facility and conduct further investigations.
The commissioner of police said that those involved would be prosecuted to serve as deterrent to others.
Meanwhile, the Oyo State Commissioner for Women Affairs, Alhaja Faosat Sanni, said the state would relocate the victims to a safer place and those with health challenges would be taken to the hospital.
The owner of the mosque and rehabilitation centre, Alfa Ismail Olore, said the parents of those found at the centre brought them to him to heal them of their “illnesses.’’
Olore said that some of parents even instructed him to chain the wards brought to the centre, but he only used Quran recitation to cure their illnesses.