- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
No misunderstanding between Buhari and Osinbajo – Presidency
There were speculations of misunderstanding between President Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo which was fuelled by President Buhari’s decision to sign the amended deep offshore Act which was brought to him in London by his Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari and sacking of some aides attached to the Vice-President.
These speculations have been debunked and denied by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly matters, Senator Babajide Omoworare while addressing teeming reporters at the National assembly.
Omoworare disclosed that there is no form of misunderstanding between the President and the Vice-President.
He further added that the constitution allows the President to work from anywhere.
When asked if President Buhari failed to transmit a letter to the National Assembly handling over responsibilities to the Vice President, Senator Omoworare refused to respond to the question.
According to the Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly matters, he said that the scenario is different from that of former President Umaru YarAdua and Vice President Goodluck Jonathan.
Yar’Adua was sick at that time and could not discharge his duties efficiently, he said.