- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
- BREAKING: Chelsea complete stunning comeback to draw with nine-man Ajax
- BREAKING: FG orders NCC to reduce data cost
- BREAKING: Court sacks Reps majority leader
It was a sad day for a student of Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (COOU) formerly known as Anambra State University as she was rushed to the hospital for attempting suicide through drinking of sniper.
WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that the victim identified as Okafor Chidinma was supposed to have graduated from the school but she is being held back because of an incident that happened during her active years in school.
Chidinma shared a story of why she has decided to commit suicide on her Facebook page and further added why the school did not graduate her with her mates.
According to her post, she explained that her HOD invited her for a meeting where she was accused of stealing a book and made to face the school’s disciplinary panel. She was also made to write a statement and replace the book in question.
She added that inspite of all, the school has refused to allow her to graduate with her colleagues after four years of study.
She disclosed in her suicide note posted on Facebook that she intentionally tagged her coursemates because apparently one or two of them is responsible for this.”
She continued: “Okafor Chidinma is out of the way. I hope your life gets better.
Luckily, she was rescued after consuming the substance and rushed to the hospital where she had regained consciousness and under recovery.