- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on Tuesday threatened to strike out a charge of money laundering brought before it by the Federal Government against former Minister of Petroleum, Diezani Alison Maudeke.
The presiding judge of the court, Justice Ijeoma Ojkukwu handed down the threat when, at the mention of the case initiated by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, the lawyer for the anti-graft agency, Farouk Abdallah said the Federal Government was having challenges effecting the ex-ministers extraction.
According to Abdallah, it was necessary to keep the case alive for the extradition process, already commenced, to be brought to fruition.
More to come…