- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
PDP denies printing ballot papers in Bayelsa
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Monday denied allegation by the All Progressives Congress (APC) that it was printing ballot papers and other sensitive electoral materials to compromise Saturday’s governorship election in Bayelsa State.
The state Publicity Secretary of the party, Osom Macbere, said the APC was merely displaying what he described as “cerebral slothfulness,” insisting that the PDP had no reason to show desperation to win the poll.
He said: “That allegation is a mere display of cerebral slothfulness. The Bayelsa State PDP, given its time-honored cling to political power, dating back to 1999, is the dominant force here and so, needn’t degenerate into those desperate ploys to winning the forthcoming gubernatorial election.
“We are as good as the past elections and haven gone round the ends of the entire state canvassing for votes with our pedigree pick, Sen. Douye Diri and Sen. Erhujakpo, plus the issues-based manifesto, the PDP is coasting home to victory.
“But, if one may ask: ‘would the APC be privy to proof of those serious allegations and not do the obligatory by causing complaints to INEC, the customs of election offenses, and the Nigeria Police for appropriate action’?
“That is evident that they lack the ingredients of responsibility and responsiveness that governing a state is saddled with. Such bunch are too numbskull to be allowed to get political power.
“Not wanting to dissipate energy over the idle rants, I sum up that the APC is tending to distract the PDP and the electorate away from their anti-democracy machinations to deploying soldiers and heavily armed policemen in their favour.
“Let me remind them that no amount of voter intimidation would cow the people of Bayelsa State to accord their unpopular and incompetent candidate the serious business of state management.”