- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
- BREAKING: Senate swears in Smart Adeyemi
- BREAKING: Kidnappers of female students caught, lynched in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: Three female students kidnapped in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: Five inmates in Ikoyi prison electrocuted to death
- BREAKING: Court upholds IGP’s power to recruit
Barely 24 hours after Edo APC suspended the Party’s National chairman, another crisis rocks in Edo State, after another faction of the Edo State chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC suspended the state Governor, Godwin Obaseki and his deputy, Philip Shuaibu.
Leaders of APC in the state also suspended the Secretary to the State Government, Osarodion Ogie for alleged anti-party activities.
Their suspension was disclosed by a chieftain of the party, Mr. Patrick Ikhariale while briefing journalists in Benin City, Vanguard reports.
WITHIN NIGERIA recalls that the party had earlier suspended its national chairman, Adams Oshiomhole over role in the crisis rocking the state chapter of the party. Oshiomhole‘s suspension followed the vote of no confidence passed on him by the chairmen of the APC in the 18 local government areas (LGAs) of the state.
There have been serious Political feud between Oshiomhole and his successor, Obaseki lately.