- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Kogi decides: Yahaya Bello, APC forcing INEC, NYSC officials to sign pre-filled result sheets – PDP cries out
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has alerted the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that agents of Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello and the All Progressives Congress (APC) are threatening and forcing presiding officers, including NYSC members to endorse prefilled results sheets in favour of the ruling party in some local government areas.
PDP alleged that the act was ongoing in Okene and Okehi Local Government Areas in Kogi Central Senatorial zone, where the governor and the APC are desperate to allocate fictitious votes and fabricate results in their favour.
A statement by PDP’s spokesperson, Kola Ologbondiyan said: “Given the magnitude of the manipulation, the PDP urges INEC not to accept any results coming from the Okene and Okehi local government areas as they have already been compromised. Moreover, the PDP and other stakeholders in this election will never accept manipulated results coming from the two local government areas.”
The party also called on security agencies to immediately “detail a reinforced team to Okene and Okehi to save the lives of the presiding officers and the NYSC members from the APC and agents of Yahaya Bello.”
Ologbondiyan said: “INEC and security officials must take immediate steps to arrest the situation as the development is already causing tension and could lead to the electorate having no option than to resort to self-help to defend their democratic rights.
“We urge INEC to note that the APC is manipulating the electoral process, causing deliberate delays and swapping of election materials, all in a bid to cause confusion in the process.
“For instance, in Kabba/Bunu Okekoko Ward Unit 9, the baby units have been reduced from two to one, a situation that will lead to disenfranchising of voters to reduce votes belonging to the PDP.
“Also the serial number on the ballot papers brought to the area is different from numbers on ballot papers released in Abuja for the area. Such swapping of ballot papers is a deliberate ploy to cause confusion and derail the electoral process in PDP stronghold.”
PDP urged INEC to immediately correct “all the anomalies as every genuine vote cast must be made to count in this election.”