- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
Kogi PDP women leader burnt to death, as thugs prevent rescue
Suspected political thugs have set ablaze Mrs Acheju Abuh, the Women Leader of PDP’s Wada/Aro Campaign Council while in her home at Ochadamu in Ofu local government area of Kogi state following last Saturday’s governorship election in the state. The woman was burnt on Monday afternoon in her house by suspected thugs alleged to be loyal to the ruling party in the state .
This was a sequel to the announcement by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that the candidate of All Progressives Congress (APC), Governor Yahaya Bello had been re-elected for the second term even as the thugs trooped out to celebrate the victory.
When contacted, the spokesman of the Kogi Police Command, William Aya, confirmed the incident, saying it was case of culpable homicide and mischief by fire. He said on November 18, 2019 at about 4:30 pm, one Musa Etu of Ochadamu, Ofu LGA reported at the station that, at about 1030 of same date, there was a misunderstanding between one Awolu Zekeri, aged 35 years member of APC and one Gowon Simeon, a member of PDP both of Ochadamu.
“In the process, Gowon Simeon stabbed Awolu Zekeri with a knife on his lap and he (Zekeri) died on his way to the hospital.
“As a result, angry youths in the area mobilized to the house of one Simeon Abuh of same address who is an uncle to the suspect, set it ablazed, thereby burnt one Salome Abuh aged 60 years.
“Three other houses were equally burnt. The corpse has been moved to the University Teaching Hospital Mortuary Anyigba for Autopsy.
“Meanwhile, the Police Mobile Force and Police Special Forces have been drafted to the area to prevent any breakdown of law and order. The investigation is ongoing”, Aya said.