- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
Kogi Poll: PDP’s Wada dissatisfied, to appeal election result at tribunal
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Kogi State Musa Wada has rejected the election results being announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
WITHIN NIGERIA reports that the APC governorship candidate in the State, Yahaya Bello is leading his PDP opponent, Musa Wada with over 200,000 votes after votes from 19 of the 21 local government areas of the state were declared.
Meanwhile, Wada said he would go to the tribunal to appeal the election result he claimed to have won.
“They (Kogi people) should not despair,” Wada said in a video tweeted by the PDP.
“We shall pursue this to a logical conclusion with the coffers of the law in this country.”
The PDP candidate said the announced results were fabricated.
“We hope that the judiciary will get justice not just for me but for the common man that voted for me,” Wadda said.
He denied reports that he had conceded defeat to the APC and its candidate Yahaya Bello.
Wada said it was unfortunate that the hopes of the people were dashed by the conduct of the election.