- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
Tragedy hits Enugu community as a masters degree student identified as Modestus Onah Ekene slumped and lost his life at Okpara square while jogging alongside members of the Coal City Exercise club on November 9.
WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that the deceased in his late thirties and a member of Nigeria Red Cross, Enugu started painting while jogging but he was not noticed while struggling to breathe as the group usually use “Ogene” and “Ichaka” to entertain themselves as they jog round the coal city.
According to reports, he suddenly slumped and other members of the club who thought that he had a slip tried to help him up to his feet but to their surprise his body became lifeless.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead by doctors.
Late Modestus hailed from Nsukka and a graduate of clinical psychology from Enugu state university of science and Technology and was until his death, a Master degree student at University of Nigeria Enugu Campus (UNEC).
A friend of the deceased took to Facebook to mourn his death. He wrote;
“My dear friends, I don’t know what this life means to you or your ideology about your existence here on Earth. This young man by name Modestus Onah a master degree student at UNEC waked up on Saturday the 9th day of November hale and hearty, dressed up with his jogging outfits. Came to okpara square, Enugu to keep fit as usual, but he did not return alive. He slumped while jogging with a sporting group along the road, we tried reviving and stabilizing him immediately just within 4mins the incident happened, he died. Prayers was said fervently but he is gone. The question is did he offend God or is he the worst sinner?, the answers are on the “No” side. Let us all know that “In Midst Of Life lies death”. Forgive who offended you, apologize to whom you offended and be liberated, for holding the grudges does not worth it. Death! a Lesson to the Living. Rest in peace my Brother”