- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Burna Boy nominated for Grammy Awards
On November 20, 2019, nominations for the 62nd Grammy Awards were announced at 2:30 pm.
The major award itself will be held on January 26, 2020 and it will be hosted by Alicia Keys. Nominees were led by Lizzo with eight nominations. She is followed by Billie Eilish and Lil Nas X with six nominations.
One of Nigeria’s top musicians, Damini Ogulu, popularly called Burna Boy, has achieved great feats in his musical career and made the country proud.
Burna Boy’s album, African Giant got nominated in the Best World Album category. He was nominated in the category alongside Altin Gün for Gece, Bokanté & Metropole Orkest Conducted By Jules Buckley for What Heat, Nathalie Joachim With Spektral Quartet for Fanm D’Ayiti, and Angelique Kidjo for Celia.
Burna Boy follows in the footsteps of Seun Kuti, Femi Kuti and King Sunny Ade in getting nominated in that category at the Grammy Awards. Other Nigerian Grammy nominees include, Babatune Olatunji, Wizkid, Timaya and Kah Lo. The only Nigerian to win a Grammy Award remains Sikiru Adepoju.