- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
“Your children don’t belong to you,” – Lady tells parents
A Twitter user with the handle @neauxna took to the platform to pen down a word of advice to parents. The young lady warned parents that their children don’t belong to them and she further advised parents to train their children to become better human beings.
The young lady also advised parents not to see their children as properties because they will be dire consequences.
“Your children don’t belong to you. You’re on borrowed time with them. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to build a better human being; not to build a mini version of you and all your deflated hopes and dreams. Help them become the THEM not the best YOU.
Once your children become adults, the relationship becomes a choice and it takes work to maintain. You cannot treat your adult offspring like children. If you have detached the humanity from your children and view them only as your property, you will have dire consequences.”, she tweeted.