- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
A video of Bayelsa State Governor-elect, David Lyon where he committed serious grammatical blunders while addressing journalists shortly after his election has garned and attracted several reactions from Nigerians.
WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that the Governor-elect, Lyon was at the state house earlier this week to meet with President Buhari and shortly after the meeting he addressed state house correspondents.
The grammatical composition and choice of words have left many people to wonder and ponder if the Governor-elect can communicate in English fluently while many Nigerians are surprised that a man of such profile could not communicate properly.
”Today is one of my great day of my life. The great people of Bayelsans have spoken their mind by taking time to vote for our great party APC. It’s indeed a welcome development because in our own campaigns, we give to them, when being elected and swear in, we give to them security and development; it is our key agendas,” he said.
WATCH THE VIDEO:
Some Nigerians have reacted to the video by condemning the inability of the Governor-elect to communicate efficiently in English while some citizens argue that English language is a language not a test of intelligence.