- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
Mourinho Speaks On Signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic To Tottenham
Tottenham manager, Jose Mourinho has ruled out the possibility of signing former Manchester United and LA Galaxy striker, Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Mourinho said that Spurs will not sign Ibrahimovic because they already have a ‘top striker’, Harry Kane.
Ibrahimovic was linked with a move to join Mourinho at Tottenham after he mutually parted ways with LA Galaxy following a two-year stint with the MLS club some few days ago.
The 38-year-old played under Mourinho at Manchester United, winning the Europa League and EFL Cup before he left Old Trafford in 2018 for LA Galaxy.
Speaking ahead of Tottenham’s UEFA Champions League clash against Olympiacos on Tuesday, Mourinho was quoted by Sky Sports as saying: “I would say we have one of the top strikers in England.
“It doesn’t make any sense of a striker of Zlatan’s dimension to come to a club where we have Harry Kane.”
“I love this competition as much as everyone in football.
“It’s something that everybody dreams of winning. Not everyone has the privilege of being a Champions League winner which I was happy enough to do.”