- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
EPL: England star names Nigerian midfielder as ‘Best Ball Winning Midfielder’
James Maddison believes his Leicester City teammate Wilfred Ndidi is the best defensive midfielder in the English Premier League.
The Nigerian international, Ndidi has enjoyed a fine season with the Foxes and has scored two goals in 12 league appearances.
He has earned rave reviews from manager Brendan Rodgers and his teammates.
The Nigerian is leading the league for tackles, having finished top of the ball recoveries chart in each of the previous two seasons.
“I think he’s the best in the Premier League at tackling and winning the ball back, bar none,” Maddison told Football Daily.
“I know (N’Golo) Kante is a brilliant player and there are players like that. But actually winning the ball back and taking the ball off the opposition, I don’t think there is anyone better than Wilfred.
“Sometimes you get a player like that and what he does doesn’t get on the back page of the papers, doesn’t get talked about on Match of the Day. Us as team-mates and players who play against him realise what a top player he is.
“He’s fantastic at what he does and he lets players like me and Youri Tielemans do our thing higher up the pitch because we know we’ve got that solidity behind us.”