- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
Melaye’s cars were his only ‘achievement’ as senator – Smart Adeyemi
Newly elected All Progressives Congress’s senator Smart Adeyemi on Sunday said the man he defeated in the recently held Kogi West senatorial election did nothing to merit re-election, describing him as “the worst senator Nigeria ever produced.”
Senator Adeyemi said this on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics.
Adeyemi said People’s Democratic Party’s Dino Melaye only achievement as a senator was the purchase of expensive cars for personal use.
According to him “Dino is not a good representation of the people of Kogi West,”.
“Dino did nothing since he was there rather than buying cars and showing it (sic) to the Nigerian people.”
Melaye often posted pictures of his expensive cars in his garage on his social media pages.
Sen Adeyemi quizzed his rival on how he was able to acquire the exotic cars between 2015 and 2019.
Recall that the previous Kogi west Election conducted by the independent Electoral Commission (INEC) on November 16 was declared inconclusive due to violence and killings that characterized the exercise, which warranted a rerun Election.
Meanwhile, in a re-rerun contest, Adeyemi of the All Progressive Congress defeated Dino Melaye of the Peoples Democratic Party.
But Melaye said Adeyemi’s victory is “temporal and evaporative,” vowing to contest the result announced by INEC in court.
Melaye described the November 16 Election as a fraud that would not stand.