Thursday, 21 May 2026
  • My Feed
  • My Interests
  • My Saves
  • History
  • Latest Updates
Subscribe
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • 🔥
  • FEATURES
  • POLITICS
  • SPECIAL REPORTS
  • ANALYSIS
  • SPORTS
  • NOLLYWOOD
  • EDUCATION
  • OPINION
  • BUSINESS
  • LIFESTYLE
  • HEALTH
  • TECHNOLOGY
  • PRESS RELEASE
Font ResizerAa
WITHIN NIGERIAWITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. All Rights Reserved.
Entertainment

Why Woodberry’s fraud case was dismissed in US – Lawyer

Last updated: July 24, 2020 2:00 pm
Share
Why Woodberry's fraud case was dismissed in US - Lawyer
SHARE

Following the dismissal of the fraud case against alleged Nigerian fraudster, Olalekan Ponle a.k.a Mr Woodberry by the United States court, his lawyer has revealed the reason behind the closure.

Michael Nash, the Chicago lawyer representing Olalekan Ponle a.k.a Woodberry has revealed why the fraud case against his client was dismissed by a US court.

Within Nigeria reported earlier that the United States government on Monday July 20th filed a motion through its attorney John R. Lausch, requesting that the case against Woodberry be dismissed without prejudice, even though he was indicted by a grand jury on an eight-count charge of wire fraud.

However commenting on the development, Nash told Premium Times that the case was dismissed because the government charged his client with a slightly different crime.

He said;

“The government dismissed the case because it charged him with a slightly different crime. In the long run, no difference.”

Assistant U.S. Attorney, Joseph D. Fitzpatrick who spoke on behalf of the plaintiff also told the publication that although the complaint is dismissed, the grand jury’s indictment is still active.

Fitzpatrick said;

“We dismissed the complaint, but the indictment (charging 8 counts of wire fraud) is still active. We cannot comment on the dismissal of the complaint, but I wanted to make sure you knew the indictment is still active.

“Mr Ponle has now been charged by indictment, instead of being charged by the complaint by FBI”.

It was further learnt that the suspected Nigerian fraudster is still in the custody of the U.S. Marshal.

TAGGED:dismissfraudLawyerUSWoodberry
Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Police arrest man 32, for allegedly raping woman 60, in Niger state
Next Article 8 BEST FOREX BROKERS IN NIGERIA 8 BEST FOREX BROKERS IN NIGERIA
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
LinkedInFollow
MediumFollow
QuoraFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might Also Like

Entertainment

Nkechi Blessing Signs New Ambassadorial Deal, Blasts Trolls (Photos)

By
Davies Ngere Ify
#BBNaijaLockdown: How my dad took 14 governors to London for his birthday – Kiddwaya
Entertainment

#BBNaijaLockdown: How my dad took 14 governors to London for his birthday – Kiddwaya

By
Davies Ngere Ify
Entertainment

Naira Marley reacts to decision of Cardi B to apply for Nigeria’s citizenship

By
Davies Ngere Ify
Entertainment

Wizkid And Naomi Campbell Pictured Together At GQ Men Of The Year Awards (Photo)

By
Damilare Aanu
WITHIN NIGERIA
Facebook Twitter Youtube Rss Medium

About US

 Your instant connection to breaking stories and live updates. Stay informed with our real-time coverage across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. Your reliable source for 24/7 news.

Top Categories
  • World News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Health
  • Travel
Usefull Links
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with US
  • Complaint
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy

© . All Rights Reserved.