- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
Osun Cultural Carnival Rebrands To Nigeria Cultural Carnival
Nigeria Cultural Carnival promises to be the biggest and most celebrated cultural carnival in Africa
The organiser of the fast-approaching Osun Cultural Carnival has announced a change of plans and total rebranding of the cultural event, slated to hold on August 17, 2019.
According to the organiser, Our Heritage Branding & Advertising LTD, the event will now be called ‘Nigeria Cultural Carnival’, with its debut edition to take place in Ibadan, the state capital of Oyo State – The Pace Setter state.
Nigeria Cultural Carnival aims to create an event that would cause a global attraction with over 80,000 audiences attending annually to promote the culture and heritage of 36 states in Nigeria and play host to cultural troupes from around the world.
Nigeria Cultural Carnival was birthed out of the aim of making Nigeria the heartbeat of African culture. Nigeria can inarguably be identified as the Country with the richest culture in Africa.
Speaking the reason for total rebranding, the festival director, Wilson Chibututu, explained that “the rebranding became necessary after a series of meetings with stakeholders and brainstorming sessions with the carnival team. This is an expansion of what we wanted to limit to a particular state.”
He added that “Nigeria is a multicultural country that deserves to be showcased and placed on the positive map of the world. Instead of having the cultural carnival take place annually, at a state, with the new development, the cultural carnival will be rotated between the 36 states of the Federation, yearly.”
Nigeria Cultural Carnival promises to be the biggest and most celebrated cultural carnival in Africa. In addition, it will feature exciting and interesting segments, like cultural challenge, giveaways, competition, Living Legend Award presentations and performances from Africa’s biggest artistes.
This year’s edition themed ‘Connect With The Richness’, will see special performances from Oyo state Cultural Troop, State of Osun Cultural Troop, The Ogunde Theater Group and will be hosted by the first ambassador of Nigeria Cultural Carnival and former Big Brother Naija housemate, Thin Tall Tony.
Nigeria Cultural Carnival 2019 is scheduled to hold on August 17, 2019, at Palms Mall, Ring Road, Ibadan by 12 noon, while the artiste line up will be unveiled in few days.