TRENDING IN 48-Hrs

Tragedy in Ogun community as infant and two others die in gas explosion

Tragedy as a gas component of a faulty refrigerator which exploded has reportedly killed an infant and two other persons in Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun state.

WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that a technician was repairing the fridge when the explosion occurred.

According to report, the three deceased persons got burnt after they were trapped and unable to escape after the gas cylinder exploded.

“In the process of topping up gas into the refrigerator, there was an attraction of fire from someone cooking and there came an explosion” a resident said.

The remains of the deceased persons have been deposited in the morgue.

In a related story, WITHIN NIGERIA had reported that a gas tank explosion has rocked Iyasoko street Agboju, Amuwo-Odofin Local government area of Lagos State at about 7:00 pm, on Tuesday.

The Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, Nosa Okunbor, confirmed the explosion, saying the rescue team had been dispatched to the scene.

MOST READ TODAY

Follow Us on Google News

Get News Via Whatsapp

Get Updates Via Telegram

Got news tip? send us story

POPULAR TODAY


Leave a comment

MORE STORIES

MORE STORIES

MORE VIDEOS

MORE STORIES