DCP Abba Kayri Profile: Member of International Association of Chiefs of Police, other achievements challenged by ‘Hushpuppi scandal’
It is no longer news that Abba Kyari, a celebrated top officer in Nigeria Police Force (NPF) has been confronted with the toughest criminal complaint against him in his career after several allegations in the past like that of a Businessman who petitioned Lagos Judicial Panel in 2019 over how Kyari allegedly extorted him of more than 41 million Naira.
Kyari who was awarded The Best Anti-Crime Police Officer in West Africa from Security Watch Africa, and a member of International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) will have to defend his load of achievements as a security chief as NPF begins to probe the FBI Criminal complaint against their officer.
Before Hushpuppi controversy, lets take a look at DCP Abba Kayri’s profile and achievement; A Super cop to a level of receiving honour from The House of Representatives, for exemplary courage and patriotism in tackling high profile crimes in the country.
Abba Kyari, a Kanuri by tribe, is a native of Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe State. He was born on March 17, 1975, into the family of Alhaji Baba Kyari, at the metropolitan city of Maiduguri, Borno State
Abba Kyari, is a DCP of the Nigeria Police Force, NPF, Formerly serving at the Lagos State Police Command, in the capacity of the Officer-In-Charge of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS for 5yrs, an outfit reputed for combating violent crimes ranging from armed robbery, car theft, kidnapping , gang clashes, sea piracy and terrorism.
- Education Background
- Triple IGP Commendation Medal for courage 2012, 2013, 2014
- Triple Lagos State Governor’s award for Gallantry, Leadership and Service excellence 2011, 2012, 2013
- Lagos State Commissioner of Police Commendation Award for courage 2011
- Best Anti-Crime Police Officer in West Africa from Security Watch Africa
- Star Award from CRAN 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017
- Star Award for Outstanding Gallantry In Africa 2018 by Security watch Africa
- Africa’s Best Detective Of the Year 2018
- The best Police officer of the Decade Award
- 2018 HERO of the year Award by Silverbird Group
- Presidential medal for courage from President Mohammadu Buhari on 1/4/2016.
- HIGH PROFILE CASES
He had his primary and secondary education, at the University of Maiduguri Staff Primary School and Government College Maiduguri, where he obtained his Senior Secondary School Leaving Certificate, SSCE.
He gained admission into the University of Maiduguri in 1993 and graduated with a Bachelors degree in Geography in 1997.
Afterwards, he proceeded on his compulsory National Youth Service, NYSC, and was attached to 6th Motorized Infantry Battalion of the Nigeria Army, at Igbawa Abak Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State.
He joined The Nigeria Police in the year 2000 as a cadet Assistant Suprintendent of Police and the rest is a story of a myth that have defiled conquerors..
DCP. Abba Kyari is currently the Commander, Inspector-General of Police Intelligence Response Team (IRT) and a member of International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP)
Abba Kyari still has a beautiful mother whom he always post on his Instagram page.
Abba Kyari is married to a beautiful woman whom he always call “Madam” every time he post her pictures on his Instagram page. The couple are blessed with amazing and cute children.
Triple IGP Commendation Medal for courage 2012, 2013, 2014
Lagos State Commissioner of Police Commendation Award for courage 2011
Best Anti-Crime Police Officer in West Africa from Security Watch Africa
Star Award from CRAN 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017
Star Award for Outstanding Gallantry In Africa 2018 by Security watch Africa
Africa’s Best Detective Of the Year 2018
The best Police officer of the Decade Award
2018 HERO of the year Award by Silverbird Group
Presidential medal for courage from President Mohammadu Buhari on 1/4/2016.
HIGH PROFILE CASES
He has led covert operations of many high profile cases that includes;
- Arrest of Nigeria’s most notorious Kidnap kingpin Billionaire Kidnapper Chukwudumeme Onwaumadike Aka Evans in Lagos State and his Gangmembers,
- Arrest of the killers of former Chief of Defense Staff (CDS) Air Marshal Alex Badeh ‘rtd’ along Keffi-Gitata Kaduna Road,
- Arrest of the most wanted Boko-Haram Commander Umar Abdulmalik and Eight (8) of his Terrorists gang members,
- Arrest of Twenty-two (22) Boko-Haram Terrorist gang members responsible for the kidnap of the Chibok School Girls in 2014 and also responsible for series of suicide bombings/several attacks and ambush against Security Agents in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa States.
- Captured the Most Deadly Kidnapper in the History of Nigeria, Henry Chibueze Aka “Vampire” in Owerri, Imo State and his gangmembers,
- Arrest of the Deadly Offa Bank robbers that invaded Offa Town, Kwara State and robbed five commercial Banks, the gang also murdered over Thirty-one (31) innocent Nigerians Making it the deadliest Bank Robbery in the History Of Nigeria.
- Arrest of kidnappers who kidnapped a serving Assistant Comptroller of Customs In Portharcourt,
- Arrest of a syndicate of kidnappers, armed bandits and their sponsors in Zamfara State, after the gang had kidnapped the twin sisters before their wedding,
- Arrest of deadly armed robbers and murderers who escaped from lawful custody at the SARS Lokoja, Kogi State,
- Arrest of deadly kidnappers responsible for the kidnap/murder of Mr. John Iheanacho a staff of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)/President of Eastern Zone Investment Cooperative Society Ltd, in Port-Harcourt, Rivers State,
- Arrest of suspect responsible for the murder of Lieutenant Abubakar Yahaya Yusuf a serving Naval Officer and his girlfriend Miss. Lorraine Onye in Rivers State,
- Arrest of deadly kidnappers responsible for the kidnap of two South African Citizens in Kaduna State,
- Arrest of the Terrorist responsible for the bombing of Kuje and Nyanya towns of Abuja and recovery of primed bombs in the FCT,
- Arrest of deadly kidnappers responsible for the kidnap of two Americans and two Canadians in Kaduna State,
- Arrest Of a Notorious Criminal who threaten to Kill the Former Vice President of Nigeria Atiku Abubakar and his Family.
- Arrest of the kidnappers of elder statesman Chief Olu Falae in Ondo State,
- Arrest of gang of deadly killers responsible for the killing of several innocent persons in Benue State and recovery of their operational weapons,
- Arrest of notorious arms and dealer who specializes in selling arms to armed robbers, kidnappers and Politicians in South-West/recovery of over Fifty arms and thousands of life ammunitions,
- Arrest of the most notorious armed robber in the South-West, Abiodun Egunjobi Aka “Godogodo” in Ibadan, Oyo State, he was responsible for the death of over Five hundred (500) innocent Nigerians & Police Officers,
- Arrest of the Kidnappers of the Turkish School Girls in Ogun and Lagos States,
- Arrest of the kidnappers/murderers of Barrister Sherif Yazid along Abuja-Kaduna Express road,
- Arrest of most the notorious kidnapping kingpin in Kogi State Halti Bello and twenty of his gang members, the gang had been terrorizing Kogi State and its environ for many years, who also kidnapped and murdered one Istifanus Gurama a senior staff of Dangote group,
- Arrest of more than Fifteen (15) different gangs of kidnappers totaling over Three hundred (300) kidnappers and recovery of over Two hundred (200) AK47 rifles and other dangerous weapons used in terrorizing Abuja-Kaduna-Kano Highways,
- Arrest of kidnappers/murderers of the Production Manager of Niger Delta Petroleum Resources Limited Mr. Ubani Onyema ‘m’ 64 years old, in Port-Harcourt, Rivers State,
- Arrest of the most Notorious assassin in the South-west Ade Lawyer and his gang responsible for series of killings in various parts of Lagos State and South-western Nigeria,
- Arrest of the Kidnappers of Isheri Landlords in Lagos State,
- Arrest of the Kidnappers of Eighty (80) years old Chief Felix Ogbona in Aba, Abia State,
- Arrest of assassins and masterminds who gruesomely murdered Mr. Uba Emmanuel aka Onwa in Festac Town, Lagos State,
- Arrest of kidnappers of Dr. Alex Pepple in Port-Harcourt, Rivers State,
- Arrest of the Kidnappers of Ikorodu School Girls in Lagos State,
- Arrest of the Kidnappers of CBN Governor’s wife in Delta State,
- Arrest of the Kidnappers of Ambassador Bagudu Hirse in Kaduna State,
- Arrest of the Kidnappers of Serrie Leonian Deputy High Commissioner in Kaduna State,
- Arrest of the Kidnappers of former Minister of Finance Okonjo Iweala’s Mother in Delta State,
- Arrest of Niger-Delta militants planning to bomb 3rd Mainland bridge/recovery of arms and explosives in Lagos State,
- Arrest of Niger Delta militants/notorious Kidnappers and recovery of GPMG, Ak 47 rifles and military grenades in Port-harcourt, Rivers State,
- Arrest of notorious gang who planned to Kidnap Nigerian billionaire Femi Otedola in Lagos State
- Arrest of the Kidnappers of Oniba of Iba a first class King in Lagos State,
- Arrest of kidnappers of Hon. Sani Bello member of House of Reps/representing Mashi Federal Constituency of Katsina State (now late),
- Arrest of the Armed Robbers/Militants who attacked and robbed Lekki, Ikorodu, Festac and Agbara Banks in Ogun and Lagos State,
- Arrest of the Kidnappers of the three (3) Orekoya’s Children in Lagos State,
- Arrest of the Kidnappers of Former Chairman of Ejigbo LGA in Lagos State,
- Arrest of Killers of Oyo State member of House of Assembly in Oyo State,
- Arrest of the kidnappers and Killers of Reverend father Adeyi in Otukpo Benue State,
- Arrest of Kidnappers of Alhaji Salami in Abuja,
- Arrest of the kidnappers of two (2) ABTI American University of Nigeria Female Students in Abuja,
- Arrest of the attackers of Nimbo Community in Enugu State and many more breakthroughs that are too numerous to mention.
- Rescue Of Magajin Garin Daura from Kidnappers in Kano State and Arrest Of 13 of the Kidnappers/Terrorist who were trained in Libya.
- Arrest Of a Notorious Southwest Kidnap Kingpin Abubakar Mohd Aka Buba and his Gangmembers In Oyo State.
- Arrest Of the deadliest Kidnapper in the Southwest Abdullahi Abubakar aka Osama and his Group In Ekiti State.
- Arrest Of Adamu Umoru aka Dabo and Group, Kingpin Of Abuja-Kaduna expressway Kidnappers Responsible for Kidnapping Dr Mahmoud Chairman UBEC, Killing his Driver and Many Other Kidnappings and Killings Along the Expressway.
- Arrest Of Usman Mohd and Group Of Kidnappers Responsible for kidnapping the Son Of the immediate Past Minister Of Health In Oyo State and Many Other kidnappings in the Southwest.
- Arrest Of Tony Raphael aka Chairman and his group, Kidnap Kingpin Terrorizing Rivers State.
- Arrest Of Abdullahi Sani and his Group Responsible for the Kidnapping Of the Mother in-law Of Governor Masari Of Katsina State.
- Arrest Of Notorious Kidnapper Isa Abdullahi aka Biyi and his Gang Responsible for Several Kidnappings and Killing In Katsina State.
- Arrest Of Gbenga Ojomo the Most Notorious Illegal Arms and Ammunition Smuggler in Nigeria, Responsible for Smuggling Thousands Of Rifles and Ammunition from Libya and Burkina Faso to Nigeria.
- Arrest Of Sunday Abel aka School boy and his Deadly Gang Of Kidnappers Terrorizing the Southeast Responsible for Kidnapping and Killing a Serving American Soldier In IMO State and Many other Kidnappings and Killings in the Southeast.
- Arrest Of Cajetan Otti and Group Of Notorious kidnappers Terrorizing Abia State and Recovery Of Several Rifles.
- Arrest Of Divine Nmeni and his gang of Notorious Kidnappers who were Responsible for several Kidnappings and Rapes In Rivers State.
- Re-Arrest Of Notorious Taraba State Kidnap Kingpin Hamisu Bala Wadume and Recovery Of Several Rifles after he was Rescued and released from IRT 2 weeks earlier.
Abba Kyari, has been linked to the celebrated fraudster, Ramon Olorunwa Abbas, also known as Ray Hushpuppi, who is presently facing trial for fraud in a United States court.
Hushpuppi, in an indictment unsealed by the US Justice Department, was alleged to have bribed Abba Kyari to get one of his traducers arrested and jailed in Nigeria.
A release by the Department of Justice, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Central District of California said: “Court documents outline a dispute among members of the conspiracy, which allegedly prompted Vincent to contact the victim and claim that Abbas (Hushpuppi) and Juma were engaged in fraud.”
Following several negative reactions and trolls, the embattled Deputy Commissioner of Police reacted to the allegations against him in a now deleted social media post, where he said ” ‘bad belle Nigerians’ will wait forever to see him arrested by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)”.